Do this when hosting an event.
I'm sitting here at home with my wife. We just got home from hanging out with some friends. I'm tired, but I'm committed to writing everyday as of two days ago. So, I wanted to write this quick thought.
Let me say that I'm still trying to decide on what's going to be my major theme for writing or maybe not. Maybe I will just write for the moment.
At this moment, I want to share 5 things you should do when hosting an event.
- Be intentional about having ways for the people to engage with one another.
- Have name tags so everyone can know everyone's name when talking to them. I know 2 and 3 are pretty similar.
- Have an agenda but don't be married to it. If you find something working, milk it best you can.
- Do something that will be memorable for the people attending the event. I host events sometimes and at the end, I have everyone come take a picture in the middle of the street.
- Have fun. Have fun. Have fun. You want people leaving your event smiling and feeling good.
I enjoy hosting events and even planning them; however, I'm not sure I'm the best at it. Also, I get really nervous during events because I always want people to want to be there.