Are Your Windows Open
The goal is to walk everywhere I can. I try to schedule all of my meetings at places I can walk to from my house.
This doesn't always work out for me.
But today, I walked to several meetings. What a good day.
I walked by this building. It is one of my favorite buildings in downtown Guthrie. I'm not sure why but I like it. And when I saw the windows open on it I liked it even more. It just looked cool. And vintage.
I begin to think about what are the results of these windows being opened for the people inside. How does it impact them?
Here are 3 things I came up with:
- It removes a barrier so they can hear what's going on outside.
- It keeps it from getting stuffy.
- It keeps it cooler inside.
How does this relate to our lives? I think more than anything having our windows open in life leads to 3 questions:
- Are you removing barriers that are keeping you from being fully present to listen?
- What are you doing to keep your life fresh?
- How are you keeping your say from burning out?
This is definitely something to consider. I may be out there a little bit but I definitely think these are 3 great questions to ask yourself periodically.
I wrote this with my IPhone 7 Plus via the Squarespace blog app while sitting on the couch after dinner with some awesome people. I took the photo with the same device while walking from one meeting to another.