5 Things I'm Thinking About That Will Help Me Win In Life
That title is too long. Lol...
I'm cooking dinner at the moment for my kiddos. My wife is at class.
My wife really has me spoiled. Geez. Speaking of my wife, I almost titled this post 5 things my wife and I do that leads to a healthy marriage. Maybe next time.
This post was inspired by my wife. She was sitting on the porch earlier and I quietly walked up behind her and took this photo you see in this post.
I begin to wonder what she was thinking about. And from there, I begin to ponder what I'm thinking about these days that will help me win in life.
Here they are:
- Meditating on God's Word. I know the more consistent I am in studying and meditating on God's Word determines my success in life. It's His Word that transforms me.
- My relationship with people. I'm focusing on Phil 2:3,4,5 this week. It speaks to how I should value others. How I should put their interest above my own. This puts life in real perspective for me. I believe this leads to heavenly rewards which or far greater than earthly rewards.
- Health. This is key to being able to serve others. Eating right and exercise helps me be better focused, more energy and potentially leads to a longer life of serving.
- My wife. She is my true help. Also, a healthy relationship with my wife speaks volumes to my kids and the people in my community. This matters to people. I want my children to know what it means to be in a healthy Christ centered relationship and I want those in my community to see this as well.
- Local church. A healthy and thriving church is a win for my community. I believe the local church is the most important piece to a community. I want to play my part in assuring that the local church is moving up and to the right. I want to help grow leaders that are serving at a high captivity and producing other leaders through discipleship.
This isn't in any particular order. And these are just things that fill my brain on a daily bases.
I want to get better in all these areas. I'm a long way from where I want to be. Still have a bunch to learn.
And much of that learning will probably come from failing. But I hear as long as I'm learning it's not considered failure.
I wrote this on my IPhone 7 Plus while cooking via the Squarespace Blog app. Photo taken with same device.