Imperfections keep me from being the husband I want to be! Now what?
This thought, see the extremely long title, just came to me after seeing a picture my wife posted of the two of us. As soon as I saw the photo, I thought to myself - "wow I want to be an awesome husband to this woman."
Then for some reason, I begin to run a list in my head of why I'm not an awesome husband.
From there, I had the thought of "well what do you do about this list?"
Here were my immediate thoughts on what I should do:
- keep staying consistent in God's Word.
- put men around me that will encourage to keep working at getting better.
- say "no" more to myself and others that keep me from being an awesome husband.
- keep asking her what can I be doing differently.
- go to workshops and seminars and such together to grow our marriage together as a team.
- work at being a rock star at speaking her love language
This was my first thoughts on dealing with "imperfections" regarding being the husband I want to be for my wife.
There could be more added here but I'm about to jump on the highway.
I wrote this while sitting in my van, after having this thought on being an awesome husband after seeing the photo my wife posted while I was getting coffee, on my IPhone 7 Plus via the Squarespace Blog app. Photo taken with the same device by my wife a few months ago while in Austin Texas.